Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Just doing it

No I am not talking about my new job this time, I am talking about the thing I am most passionate about: Basketball. Well after my family, which of course I am the most passionate about. But then Basketball, well OK after sex, but that's it. Hmmm... and after advertising and maybe good restaurants. But yes, Basketball is definitely the thing I am most passionate about. Every week I play with friends in a far away Basketball court which takes me 40 minutes to reach and 20 minutes to return (no traffic at night) and still I do this every week. So what is it then that makes us so passionate about some thing more than others and makes us do almost anything to make them happen?
For me at least, it's all to do with things that make you feel free. Not free in the sense of personal freedom but more in the sense of freeing your mind. A thing that makes you not think of anything but the act itself. Last night I Played Basketball like I do every Tuesday and I had some pretty nice moves. After the game the effect on me was so powerful that it seems like all the drive back my mind was numb and completely at peace (no there is no hidden political message here nor against drugs) I just wanted to see if you are passionate about anything else but my new job

5 comments:

  1. באמת היה כיף אתמול
    :-)

    אסף

    ReplyDelete
  2. אני מבינה היטב את ההרגשה הזו. לפני הרבה שנים כשעבדתי מחוץ לבית יכולתי לעבוד משמונה בבקר עד ארבע אחרי הצהרים מבלי לקום מהכסא ועדיין הרגשתי רעננה לגמרי. אולי אפילו עירנית יותר מאשר בבקרץ[. זאת נקראת יצירה. ואם אתה עושה מה שאתה אוהב זה הסם הטוב ביותר, והעיקר לעשות זאת באהבה.

    ReplyDelete
  3. אתה יודע מה שמתי לב? שמאז שהתחלת לעבוד, יענו שאתה כבר אין לך זמן פנוי, אתה לא מפסיק לכתוב, מה זה אומר בעצם? שאחרי סקס, כדורסל, עיצוב ומסעדות, יש עוד משהו שאתה נורא אוהב לעשות...זה אומר כשאתה אוהב לעשות משהו, לא משנה מתי, איפה ואיך , שום דבר לא יעצור אותך. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. תמירוס, אם לא שמת לב, הכדורסל אצלך הוא רק במקום החמישי, את המקום הרביעי והמכובד תופסת אובססיית הבלוג שלך...

    ReplyDelete
  5. אני עדיין בתשוקה לישון. נדבר בעוד כשנתיים.

    ReplyDelete

Great minds...