Friday, November 26, 2010

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's a bunny

Know your facts I say. As kids you surly heard from your mom, more than once, the phrase: "Count to ten before you talk". Well apparently some of us didn't listen. Everyone that works or ever worked in advertising knows you must check the facts before publishing anything. I guess Geler Nesis (the ad agency who's in charge of the latest fiasco) didn't think it is necessary. A few weeks ago I've notice a really curious teaser for a new campaign. In the teaser you sew a hare (bunny) with a tag line saying: "Jonathan 35, Raanana", that's all. I found it quiet amusing and intriguing. A few day ago I saw the campaign it self... the same cute bunny appears and underneath some pills and a new tag line saying: "Don't be a guinea pig, buy only subscription medicine", which in Hebrew, the saying is with Hyrax (comes from Greek meaning, shrew mouse, a bunny of a sort without the big ears), instead of a guinea pig. So basically it is like saying: "Don't be a Guinea pig" and use a rat as the main visual.
It's beginning to happen on a weekly basis, that I find myself writing about "Fuck ups" of the Israeli ad agencies. I think we've all had enough being their Guinea pigs.
So next time you guys have a great creative thought, please count to ten

4 comments:

  1. Those fucking agencies, they can blow it out their ass........

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom always told me not to eat with my mouth full.. i say cancel their lunches too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. העתקות וחקויים תמיד היו ותמיד יהיו, החכמה היא להעתיק מבלי שיראו שזה מה שעשית אבל כנראה זאת התוצאה של עצלנות או פשוט חוסר כשרון משל עצמך.

    ReplyDelete
  4. αεροπορικα εισητηρια cheapest airline tickets with wizzair-ryanair from skyscanner αι ✓ And for destinations abroad with Wizz Air and Ryanair Ticketswe

    ReplyDelete

Great minds...