Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It's my life

Getting messages on Facebook like: David wants you to give him life on Candy Crash is a bit weird I must admit. In real life when something happens, you can't just ask for extra time or another life. But in your online life (which for some it's basically their wannabe life) you can have 9 lives like a cat or even more. I know it's obvious and I am not telling you anything you didn't know before, but think of this. Younger and younger kids play online games and it makes you wonder if their concept of life and death is getting warped.
Now, I am only writing my thoughts not my opinions, so some might say it is a good thing and it helps them deal with death easily, but then again it is the death of a virtual life and not a real one.
So I will leave you with this though... What happens when someone dies for real while finishing their last life on Candy Crash and sends out a life request on Facebook?
I smell another episode of Black Mirror :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great minds...