Friday, January 14, 2011

The hunt for power

Power, as we all know is very important, today more than ever. We always strive for power. At work, on the road and even at home sometimes. Having it is like a kind of relaxation, when you have power you know you are covered. You are accessible but yet you don't have to be, you are always informed but you don't have to inform others. The funny thing is, getting this power is usually up to you, but you seem to always loose it when you most need it. For me usually it's the weekends. I almost always leave it behind me at work and then when I really need it... is not there. It's not like I can't be without it, but it gives you a kind of inner peace knowing you are still in charge even when you don't have to be. If you look back a few years, let's say 15 years, it wasn't that big of a deal. We lived without it for a long time and things where fine, but going back is impossible. It is now as you know Saturday and this morning I woke up, had my coffee and all of a sudden I felt this powerless feeling again, but right then I remembered I am not powerless at all. Actually my car's cell charger fits my computer too. O yes, how does the song go? I've got the power.

2 comments:

  1. respect. also needed and on Saturdays there's less... if you know what I mean

    ReplyDelete
  2. גם אני חושבת שכבוד קצת יותר חשוב מ"כח" כזה שהתכונת אליו אבל אם יש אהבה אז מה חשוב כל השאר?!

    ReplyDelete

Great minds...