Friday, May 28, 2010

Patriot games

In the past few years we are bombarded with colorful, technical, professional and foreign looking campaigns. Now, we do have in Israel really talented creative, technical and professional people (and no I am not being patriotic just honest) as proven year after year at the Clio and a few other creative competitions.
So I ask myself why? Do we hate ourselves so much that we are not able to buy anything unless it's "not from here"? I am not saying I didn't have my share of "Americanization" but still, what's up? Why can't we have a colorful, technical, professional Israeli looking campaigns.
I'll tell you why... Because it is a common thought orattitude that all Israelis are lacking the capability to grasp something more than G. Yafit or Goldstar beer (no offense). I am sorry, I beg to differ, It's about time WE start selling ourselves as smarter more sophisticated audience, because face it advertisers, we are basically downgrading ourselves

3 comments:

  1. כנראה משהו בילדות שלנו גרם לנו להיות כאלה... מעניין מה ומי אשם :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's new pussicat....?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All said and done you're right.. but you have to remember in the end it's the clients decision and money that have the final cut on the ad, and most companies here are conservative because this country is basically conservative. Only "young" products like axe for example managed to bring a little flavor to their campaigns because of the target audience. Plus most companies are run by 40-50 yo people who are still more conservative than not.
    Maybe in a generation it would all change who knows.. i for one sure hope it does

    ReplyDelete

Great minds...