Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mail me a cup of coffee please

It seems like as we grow up and become modernized (mostly by default) we start communicating with each other in a less personal way. If you think about it, we started conversing face to face, then moved to telegrams and letters. From there we switched to phone and fax and moved on to chatting online: I.C.Q, Messenger and so on and so forth. Now we really outdone ourselves, we chat through the e-mail. We took a "harmless" form of electronic mailing and turned it into a chat room. Just the other day I got an e-mail saying: "can you pick up the phone". Is big brother looking at us 24/7? Is it no longer OK to not answer your cell, because "if you have a cell phone why are you not answering it"?
I a wondering whats next? Have we lost our freedom completely? Or just our free time is forever gone? Well don't expect me to give you the answer (I tried but you were of line).

SO...PICK UP YOUR PHONE

2 comments:

  1. you can decide not to answer, that's what I do sometimes. re-email, it's so לא מחייב
    that I quite like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just feeling obligated to answer your phone means you are a "slave" to society's norms and trends. i think its another form of control. The whole point is controling the trend, not being led by it. Making a stand in the electronic era is the only way not to be swallowd in the flow of information

    ReplyDelete

Great minds...