Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Left, right, left, right

Iv'e decided my country is a land filled with masochists that are surrounded by sadists. I can't explain it in any other way. And really how can you? Can anyone explain why we are going through life the way we do? Why are we going backwards when most of the western world is progressing? It's true we are better and way more advanced than most countries in quite a lot... Hi-Tech, Agriculture, Medicine and lots more, but yet in everything regarding ourselves we are falling behind.
Looking at my city Tel-Aviv, one would think I'm full of shit, and I'm actually leaving in one of the most progressive cities in the world, and it's true. But... driving an hour out and the picture changes completely. Gay rights go down the drain, and so do Arab or any other minorities, the political agenda takes a sharp turn to the right and religion get more intense. Add to that, the fact we are surrounded by countries that (well, not all) wants us gone, and you have a great S&M recipe for a healthy life style.
So, what do we do? Do we relocate to another country? Do we stay and bang our heads at the wall while trying to make a change? And what about our kids, do they deserve to continue this cycle?
A lot of questions and not too many answers, I know. But one conclusion for me at least is that the next time anyone tells me I live in a bubble I'll just replay: "Thank god" (Just an expression of course, no religion connection what so ever).

1 comment:

  1. מעולה. ואני באמת שואלת מה ניתן לעשות. אחלה פאנץ'

    ReplyDelete

Great minds...