Monday, April 18, 2016

"There is no spoon"

What is that thing called creative? That thing I do all day and love so much?
Apparently it is extremely hard to explain. Especially to people you know.
So what is it that you actually do? No, really? You found someone who pays you to think? How much!!!?
It seems Creative is a code for things that are sophisticated, intangible or even unnecessary to some (like cloud technology :-).
Every now and than after a long creative standoff with a few of my non creative peers, a line from the Matrix leaps to mind, "There is no spoon".
One would expect me to get use to this after 22 years in the business but... I guess I'm creative.
Still I often find myself "defending" my way of life or even my actual professional being (very Matrix like right?)
So I will leave you with this thought:
If the creative is so sophisticated you don't understand it, is it still creative?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great minds...