Saturday, December 25, 2010

Internet or fishing net

As always, after Saturday's lunch at my mom's, with the coffee and cakes comes the usual philosophical debates (bullshit talk) on all kinds of ridicules situations. This time It all started with my nephew. My sister told us that wherever he goes, he always carries with him a knife, a lighter and Of course a coffee pack (coffee, sugar etc.). That started the "What would you take to a desert island?". So right then and there, both my other nephew (his brother) and myself jumped and said: "Internet". Because it was obvious for the both of us that once stranded on a deserted island one will encounter a situation in which the Internet will be very important and even more useful than lets say, a sleeping bag for example.
Picture this: I am sitting on a beach, the sun above is pounding and I am dying to eat. Looking through my stuff, I find my knife, which I will use to cut the fish I will catch of course, a lighter I'll use to start the fire on which I'll cook it, and a wireless device of a sort. Now all I have to do is go on Google.
A sea water fish to eat - Search... In less than a second I will receive the pin point location of the best fish that is actually swimming right beside my shores at that moment (with GPS help of course). The second search results of course will be, how to cook it the best and easiest way. So we are all set, we have the fire going, we have the knife all sharpened and the perfect location for the perfect fish.
Cool. Now if only I had a fishing net

3 comments:

  1. Well, if I was stuck on a deserted island, I would need only 2 things;
    Penelope Cruz & Keira Knightley....

    ReplyDelete
  2. אם כבר יש לך אינטרנט, למה שלא פשוט תזמין לך משהו מאיזו מסעדה, דג אם אתה מתעקש ואיזה יין טוב?

    ReplyDelete
  3. אתה רואה , בסוף הדברים הפשוטים הם החשובים אני חושבת שאני על אי בודד הייתי לוקחת דברים אחרים למשל, הרי תנתן לי הבחירה , הייתי לוקחת אותכם!

    ReplyDelete

Great minds...