Friday, December 10, 2010

Child's play

Returning from a bar last night wasn't easy. I was dead, really dead. I know returning home at 2am is a joke, even in my standards, but I have an excuse. Two nights ago my evening began the usual way. Giving the girls their showers, putting them to bed and then sitting down for dinner and some R & R. But...an hour into my precious relaxation time, all hell broke loos. My younger daughter Romi (whom you heard about in one of my latest posts) woke up with 39.2 temperature, stomach aches and what ever else comes along with a violent stomach virus.
Now, it was like: Let the games begin... We started getting into a repetition of waking up crying, going to the toilets, lying back in bed and only then trowing the hell up (like the scene from "The exorcist" if you are old enough to remember the movie) going to the shower, changing cloths and trying to go back to bed. 30m or so later, the all cycle starts again, getting up, crying, toilet, bed, trowing up, shower, new PJ's and bed. Now multiply all this in about 5 and you find yourself finishing the last rotation at 5.45am. It was like pressing the snooze button on the alarm clock.
The funny thing is, when you talk (well, complain) to the generation before us, i.e. my mom, you realize that apparently everything was peachy back then. Kids were quiet, three of them was the minimum (because things were so easy). So I was thinking to myself, what was it then? I know she's not lying. Then, I reached a conclusion. I think it's like at birth, when the woman's brain releases Endorphin, that basically helps her dealing with and forgetting the pain. Apparently, when you become a grandparent, something releases in your brain that helps you forget, and no, I am not talking about senility. I am talking about what I believe is the definition of Nostalgia. I think, nostalgia is basically a form of history on drugs, self induced or natural, other wise you've got to explain to me, why I am tired, on Friday morning at 10am.
It's not like having kids is hard


5 comments:

  1. קודם כל נוסטלגיה זה דבר נחמד כי כל אחד רוצה לזכור רק את כל מה שטוב אבל, כאמא ,גם אני עברתי לילות כאלה והרבה שלא לדבר על ימים בחדרי מיון עם פציעות שונות ומשונות אבל למה לזכור את כל זה אם אפשר לזכור כמה זה נפלא לגדל אותם ,לחבק אותם, לאהוב אותם עם ולמרות הכל. אל תדאג זה חעבור ואתה לא יודע כמה מהר אז תהנה מכל המכלול עם המון אהבה שזה הסם שמשכיח את כל הרגעים הקשים.

    ReplyDelete
  2. אחת עשרה. אריאל מתעורר, רבע שעה, מיטה. אחת וחצי, אריאל מתעורר. אחת עשרה שלושים וחמש, יונתן מתעורר. למיטה שלך. עם הדברים שלי (הכוללים: כרית לבנה, כרית צהובה, שמיכה כוכב, שמיכה שמחה, עוד כרית לבנה). עוברת דקה. אריאל עדיין ער. יונתן: בובה חם פושר לא חמוץ. שתיים. כולם ישנים. שלוש וחצי, אריאל מתעורר. ארבע ורבע, נרדם. רבע לשבע. אמא בואי איתי לסלון.
    מסקנה: להפוך את היום. יש למצוא מימון כלשהו, ואז במשך היום כשהם בגן - לישון ולאכול צהריים בשקט, לא לשכוח להקליט תוכניות. בלילה - לשים פליי, ו"הכינותי מראש" בובה חם פושר לא חמוץ בבקבוק ירוק כהה.
    לילה טוב, ניפגש באחת וחצי.

    ReplyDelete
  3. הכי מפחיד זה שבאמצע הלילה הבן הגדול שלך מתקרב אליך למיטה, בשקט בשקט... ואז לוחש לך באוזן: "אבא..." אני, כמובן, כמה סנטימטרים באוויר מרוב פחד ובהלה, מנסה להרגיע אותו ואת ליבי. מי המציא את המשפט האווילי "ישן כמו תינוק"?

    יופי של פוסט,
    תרגישו טוב והעיקר הבריאות
    אסף

    ReplyDelete
  4. To become a grandparent is to enjoy one of the few pleasures in life for which the consequences have already been paid

    Robert Brault

    ReplyDelete
  5. לא יודעת מה אייתכם, אולי אני עדיין לא זקנה מספיק, אבל אני בחיים שלי לא אשכח גם אם תעירו אותי עוד מאה שנה את התופעה האומללה הזאת שנקראת.... גזים..

    ReplyDelete

Great minds...